1. Name and Contact Data of the Processing Controller and of the Works Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing by
Streck Mack Schwedhelm Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB
tel. +49 221 - 492929-0
fax +49 221 - 492929-9.
The data protection officer at Streck Mack Schwedhelm Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB is:
Dr. Christian Bertrand, at the above-mentioned address, attn Dr. Christian Bertrand, or under datenschutz(at)streck(dot)net.
2. Collection and Storage of Personal Data and the Nature and Purpose of its Use
a. During a Visit to the Website
On calling up our website www.steueranwalt.de information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used by your terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is thereby recorded without your involvement and is stored until its automatic deletion:
- the IP address of the visiting computer
- the date and time of access
- the name and URL of the file called up
- the website from which the access took place (referrer URL)
- the browser used and, sometimes, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure smooth connecting to the website
- to ensure comfortable use of our website
- for evaluation of the system's security and stability
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f of DSGVO [GDPR]. Our legitimate interest arises from the above-listed purposes of data acquisition. On no account do we use the data collected for purposes of drawing inferences to your person. In addition to this, during visits to our website we employ cookies. More detailed explanations on this can be found under points 4 and 5 of this data-protection statement.
b. On Registering for our Newsletter
If, in keeping with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter a. of DSGVO [GDPR], you have explicitly consented to this, we will make use of your e-mail address for purposes of regularly sending you our newsletter or invitations to events. For receipt of the newsletter or an invitation, an e-mail address is sufficient. Cancellation is possible at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your cancellation by e-mail to info(at)streck(dot)net, again at any time.
3. Passing On of Data
No transfer of your personal data to a third party for purposes other than those listed below takes place. We only give your personal data to a third party if
- you have given your explicit consent to this in keeping with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter a of DSGVO [GDPR]
- the passing-on is necessary, in keeping with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f of DSGVO [GDPR], for purposes of assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to suspect that you have a predominant legitimate interest in your data not being passed on,
- a statutory obligation exists for the transfer, in keeping with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter c of DSGVO [GDPR], and
- this is legally permissible and, in keeping with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter b of DSGVO [GDPR], is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
5. Analytic Tools
a. Tracking Tools
The tracking measures listed below and deployed by us are implemented on the basis of article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f of DSGVO [GDPR]. With the tracking measures used we want to ensure a needs-oriented design and the progressive optimization of our website. We also employ tracking measures to statistically record the use made of our website as well as to evaluate it, for purposes of optimizing of our offer for you. These interests are to be seen as legitimate in the sense of the above-mentioned regulation. Explanations of the respective purposes of the data processing, as well as data categories, can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b. Google Analytics
For purposes of a needs-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages we use Google Analytics, a web-analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "Google"). In this connection, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see under point 4) are used. The information created by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
- browser type/version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server enquiry
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and is stored there. The information is utilized to evaluate the use made of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to produce further services associated with the use made of the website and of the Internet, for purposes of market research and needs-oriented design of these Internet pages. Where appropriate, this information is also passed on to third parties, provided this is legally prescribed, or to the extent that third parties process this data on commission. On no account will your IP address be used in connection with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that allocation is not possible (IP masking). You can prevent the installation of the cookies by adjusting the browser-software settings appropriately. In this case, however, we draw your attention to the fact that not all of the functions of this website may then be fully available. You can also prevent the acquisition of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google in that you download and install the browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/). As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly in cases of browsers on mobile terminal devices; you can also prevent recording by Google Analytics in that you click this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that prevents future recording of your data during your visit to this website: The opt-out cookie applies only in this browser and only for our website. It is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. You can find further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/).
c. Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to statistically assess the use made of our website and for purposes of optimizing its evaluation for you, we also make use of Google Conversion Tracking. In this connection, a cookie (see point 4) is placed on your computer by Google Adwords, provided you reached our website via a Google advertisement. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and do not serve the purpose of personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the website of the Adwords customer and the cookie has still not expired, Google and the customer can see that the user clicked the advertisement and was forwarded to this page. Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot thereby be subsequently tracked over the web pages of Adwords customers. The information collected by conversion cookies serves in the creation of conversion statistics for Adwords customers that have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers are told the total number of users who have clicked their advertisement and have been forwarded to a page containing a Conversion Tracking tag. No information is contained, however, which allows users to be personally identified. If you do not want to participate in the tracking procedure, you can also refuse the placement of the cookie necessary for this procedure – by changing the browser settings, for example, to generally deactivate the automatic employment of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking in that you change the settings of your browser so that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com" are blocked. You can find Google's data-protection information on conversion tracking here (https://services.google.com/).
We make use of the open-source software Matomo for analysis and statistical evaluation of the use made of the website. To this end cookies are employed (see point 4). The information on the use of the website created by the cookie is transferred to our server and summarized in pseudonymized user profiles. The information is utilized to evaluate the use of the website and to enable a requirements-specific design of our website. The information is not passed on to a third party. In no case is the IP address associated with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized so that allocation is not possible (IP masking). Your visit to this website is currently being recorded by Matomo web-analysis. Click here (https://matomo.org/) to change this.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
On our website we make use, on the basis of article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f of DSGVO [GDPR], of social plug-ins from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as a means of making our lawyer's office better known. The underlying advertising purpose is to be seen as a legitimate interest in the sense of DSGVO [GDPR]. The responsibility for operation in conformity with data protection lies with the respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us is undertaken by way of the so-called two-click method, as a means of protecting visitors to our website as far as possible.
Social media plug-ins from Facebook are used on our website, as a means of making its use more personal. For this we use "LIKE" or "TEILEN" [SHARE] buttons. This is an offer from Facebook. If you call up a page of our web presentation that contains such a plug-in, your browser links directly to the servers of Facebook. The content of the plug-in is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser and is integrated by this in the website. Due to the integration of the plug-ins Facebook receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page in our web presentation, even if you have no Facebook account or are not logged-on to Facebook at the time. This information (including your IP address) is transferred by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and is stored there. If you are logged-on to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-in, for example if you click the "LIKE" or "TEILEN" [SHARE] button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and is stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and is shown to your Facebook friends. Facebook can use this information for purposes of advertising, market research and needs-oriented design of the Facebook pages. To this end usage, interest and relationship profiles are created by Facebook, e.g. as a means of evaluating your use of our website in terms of the advertisements slotted in for you by Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide further services associated with the use of Facebook. If you don't want Facebook to assign the data gathered on you, via our web presentation, to your Facebook account, you must leave Facebook by logging off, before your visit to our website. For more on the purpose and extent of the data acquisition, and further processing and utilization of the data by Facebook, and your rights in this connection, and the setting options for protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data-protection information provided by Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/).
Our Internet pages integrate plug-ins of the short-message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter). You can recognize the Twitter plug-ins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our page. An overview of the tweet buttons can be found under: (https://about.twitter.com/).
If you call up a page on our website that contains such a plug-in, a direct link between your browser and the Twitter server is made. Twitter is thereby informed that you, with your IP address, have visited our pages. If you click Twitter's "tweet button" while you are logged-on to your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Twitter profile. Twitter can thereby assign the visit to our pages to your user account. We draw attention in this connection to the fact that we, as the provider of the pages, receive no information as to the content of the data transferred or as to the use made of it by Twitter. If you do not want Twitter to be able to assign the visit to our pages, please log off your Twitter user account. Further information relating to this topic can be found in the data-protection statement made by Twitter (https://twitter.com/).
On our website the so-called social plug-ins (plug-ins) from Instagram are also used, these being operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Instagram"). The plug-ins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an "Instagram camera". If you call up a page on our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser creates a direct link to the servers of Instagram. The content of the plug-in is transmitted directly from Instagram to your browser and is integrated in the page. Due to this integration Instagram receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page in our web presentation, even if you have no Instagram profile or are not logged-on to Instagram at the time. This information (including your IP address) is transferred by your browser directly to an Instagram server in the USA and is stored there. If you are logged-on to Instagram, Instagram can assign the visit to our website directly to your Instagram account. If you interact with the plug-in, for example if you click the "Instagram" button, this information is also transmitted directly to an Instagram server and is stored there. The information is also published in your Instagram account and is shown there to your contacts. If you don't want Instagram to assign the data gathered on you via our web presentation directly to your Instagram account, you must leave Instagram by logging-off before your visit to our website. You can find further information on this in the Instagram data-protection statement (https://help.instagram.com/).
7. Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with article 15 of DSGVO [GDPR], to demand information on your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can demand information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of the personal data, the categories of recipients with respect to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned period of storage, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, limitation of the processing or objection to it, the existence of a right of objection, the origins of your data, if this has not been collected by us, and about the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the related details;
- in accordance with article 16 of DSGVO [GDPR], to demand the immediate correction of incorrect data, or to have any incomplete personal data of yours stored by us, completed;
- in accordance with article 17 of DSGVO [GDPR], to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, provided the processing is not necessary for the exercising of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons that are in the public interest, or for assertion, exercising or defence of legal entitlements;
- in accordance with article 18 of DSGVO [GDPR], to demand limitations on the processing of your personal data, if the correctness of the data is contested by you, if the processing is unlawful but you reject the deletion of the data and we no longer require it, though you need it for assertion, exercising or defence of legal entitlements, or if you have protested against its processing, in accordance with article 21 of DSGVO [GDPR];
- in accordance with article 20 of DSGVO [GDPR], to demand to be sent personal data of yours, that you have provided us with, in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, or to demand its transfer to another controller;
- in accordance with article 7, paragraph 3 of DSGVO [GDPR], to revoke your previously given consent, with respect to us, at any time. This has the consequence that, as from that point in time, we will no longer be entitled to undertake the data processing dependent on this consent;
- in accordance with article 77 of DSGVO [GDPR], to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule you can choose, for this purpose, the supervisory authority at your customary place of residence or workplace, or that at the place of the registered address of our lawyer's office.
8. Right of Objection
If your personal data is processed, on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1, letter f of DSGVO [GDPR], you have the right, in accordance with article 21 of DSGVO [GDPR], to object to the processing of your personal data, provided there are reasons for doing so that arise from your special situation, or the objection is aimed at direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection that will be implemented by us without the need for details referring to a special situation. If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or your right of objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to datenschutz(at)streck(dot)net.
9. Data Security
During the visit to the website we make use of the much used SSL (secure socket layer) procedure in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. This is normally a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-bit encryption, we resort instead to the 128-bit v3 technology. You can see whether a single page of our Internet presentation can be transferred encrypted from the closed depiction of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We otherwise make use of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
10. Current Validity of and Amendments to this Data-Protection Statement
This data-protection statement is currently valid as in May 2018. Due to the further development of our website and related offers, or due to altered legislation or official requirements, it may prove necessary to alter this data-protection statement. The current data-protection statement in each case can always be found on the website under https://steueranwalt.de/en/data-protection-statement, can be called up by you and can be printed out.